Sunday, February 6, 2011

Have you ever had those moments where you cannot explain how your feeling? You feel like you are feeling every emotion all at once. I was working today and one of my co- workers asked me how my weekend had been so far. I sat there and try to explain to him how awesome my night was, but nothing would come out. Last night I hung out with my friend Amanda. And for all those who know Amanda and I, we go wild when were together. We went bowling and had a blast! We did our normal crazy things. But that night was so different from any other day that we've hung out. It was a very spiritual night. After bowling, we went to Denny's to go see my friend Sarah. While we were there, Amanda and I had the best and deepest converation we've had in a very long time. It's amazing to know that when you go through a really hard trial, and you feel so alone. What you don't realize is, there is someone out there who is feeling the same heartache and hardship as you are.  In this case it was my best friend. I have been struggling with a trial for a while now, and all this time i've always thought that I was going through this hardship all by myself. Last night as we talked about our trial, that's when all these crazy emotions seemed to pile on me. I felt so scared, relieved, happy and sad all at the same time. I also felt the spirit so strong. That was the strongest I felt it in a really long time. At that exact moment I knew that I will always have someone to talk to when I'm really struggling, and most importantly, I recognized the spirit so strongly, it gave me comfort that God will always be there for me too, and has been all this time! So as I sat at work trying to explain how my weekend was, all I could say was it was amazingly fun and crazy and spiritual all at the same time. Yes he kinda starred at me and gave me a look like..umm are you on drugs! I've said so many times before that everything happens for a reason, and I can strongly say, that is a true statement. Everything that happened this weekend, God knew that's what I needed exactly to give me an extra push to becoming more like him. The last two weeks have been the best two weeks. I have recently started to go the singles ward. I have met so many new and fantastic people, and I met 3 of my new recent what I'll call best friends! Yes they are my best friends even if I haven't known then for two long, and don't worry I still have all the same best friends from before too. But meeting them has been such a huge blessing! I've been so involved in activities and have made many friends, and it's helped me in my time of trial. I have felt so alone, and ever since I met them, I've gelt so loved, welcome, and appreciated. I haven't been this happy in a long time! EVERYTHING happens for a REASON! And I am grateful for the blessings God has given me! I love my Father in heaven, and my earthly father! I know that they are always there for me in my time of need. I'm so grateful for my family, and the support and love they give to me, and for my friends who are always they for me, and make me feel like important, and cared for! Thank you all so much! I love this gospel so much. It's brought me such happiness. I know with all my heart that the gospel is true, and that Jesus died for my sins, and atoned for me. I'm so grateful, cuz without the atonement, I would be lost! I love this gospel!



"None of us will become perfect in a day or a month or a year. We will not accomplish it in lifetime, but we can begin now, starting with our more obvious weaknesses and gradually converting them to strengths as we go forward with our lives. this quest may be a long one: in fact, it will be lifelong. It may be fraught with many mistakes, with falling down and getting back up again. And it will take much effort. But we must not sell ourselves short. We must make a little extra effort. We would be wise to kneel before our God in supplication. He will help us. He will bless us. He will comfort and sustain us. He will help us to do more, and be more, than we can ever accomplish or be on our own."


— Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. wow bum. way to make me cry my face off. Um.. that was really good. You described out night perfectly lol. I remember you were like, "i'm feeling all these different emotions at once!" i know you will..but just do what we talked about and you will be HAPPY and not sad at all! or bummed or mad or angry or any negative emotion. I love you. You're my best friend and I think Friday was a really good spiritual day for the both of us. Baptism, and the chat. I love you & am sooo glad we can go through this together and help each other out.
    love always...

    ReplyDelete